Monday, January 4, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I wish everyone the very best year!!!

Full of laughter, love, forgiveness, respect and HEALTH! I have nothing but positive thoughts for this year and I'm trying my hardest to not freak out about any upcoming tests, scans or bloodwork that will have to be done and just live in the moment! Live in the moment...huh...it's so easy to say, talk about or preach to someone else to do it, but can be sooooooo hard to actually DO.

We are all programmed to worry, plan, and prepare for the future and try our best to control our future...but sometimes we need to learn how to hand over the reigns, realize that we CAN'T control everything and try to enjoy every bit of this life that we have been blessed with.

Like I said, I realize it's easier said than done and I STRUGGLE with this on a daily basis. It's so easy to sweat the small stuff and get all mad when something happens outside of your comfort zone, but whether it be good or bad, there's not much we can do about it in the end...SCREAM, YELL, LAUGH, CRY...do what you need to do to help you get through it all!!

I got an e-mail from someone today that had a bunch of different quotes in it and a few of them stuck with me like:

Life may not always be fair, but it's always good!

It's OK to be mad with God, he can take it!

Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up the present.

Just some little tidbits to ponder...and I PROMISE that I will continue my story tomorrow...up next the GONG show that happened between surgery number 1 and surgery number 2! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment