Wednesday, October 12, 2011

We have a 5 year old in the HOUSE!!

If you know anything about me, you will know that I love birthdays!! Not just mine, but EVERYONE'S! I feel that no matter what your age, just being here and living life is reason to celebrate! That, and we all need at least ONE day a year to have the focus on them. I truly believe that I love birthdays so much because my Mom always made sure my brother and I had great parties. We didn't have to do much, she just made sure we got to have some friends over and a cake and a good time! No matter what was happening in her life or in our house, birthdays were never overlooked. I told myself a long time ago that I would be the same way (yes, sometimes we WANT to be like our Moms ;)
Today was Miss R's 5th birthday! She was super excited and so we had some dinner after we got home from work, had a quick visit with Grandpa, then headed to the mall to surprise her with a Build-a-Bear trip! They were FANTASTIC there! They made her a badge for her birthday, gave her oodles of attention and then sang her a great song (as she buried her face in Daddy's leg). We walked away with a very happy birthday girl with her new bear on her back and decided to pick up some cupcakes from the Buttercream Bake Shoppe kiosk in the middle of the mall (you do what you have to do for the sake of the children). We then went over to Gramma's for a tea and cupcake and came home. Nothing too crazy, but we always make sure the kids do something little on their actual birthday!
I can't believe she's already 5 and out of all of my kids she is the one that I feel is growing up the fastest. It also freaks me out that she is a mini ME!! Yikes! But I wouldn't trade it for the world. She is so much fun and full of life and has such an amazing personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment