Sunday, November 29, 2009

HI HO HI HO...

It's back to work I go...

After 13.5 months of amazingly awesome highs and turbulent lows I am looking forward to getting back at it. I feel like I am a different person now with changed views on life, a shift in priorities and a renewed sense of values.

Of course I am going to miss my wonderful kids. They make me smile when I wake up and I can't help but giggle at all the silly sounds they make, the faces they give me and the phrases that come out of their mouths...but right now I think this is a good step for me! I have also made some incredible friends this past year...friends that have been there for me as if I've known them for my whole life and I will seriously miss the coffee, the playdates and the chit chat! These moments have meant so much to me!

I do realize however that once I have to wake up at an unbelievably unreal time and spend a day on transit I might not be so eager to be part of the working world again...LOL!

I keep thinking this will make everything go back to "normal" but I don't even know what normal is anymore. MY normal doesn't exist...and I am trying desperately to adjust to MY NEW NORMAL! I have always been the person who seriously dislikes doctors and now they are going to be a constant in my life...and it never gets any easier!

But for now I am going to re-join the rat race and try to make the best of it and enjoy the ride!

Just to let you all know...so far I haven't heard anything about the results from my whole body scan, so right now I'm taking it as no news is good news! I also have a follow-up appointment with my surgeon on Friday Dec. 4th so I will be sure to keep you all posted on what goes on there!!

Way less radioactive girl signing out...

1 comment:

  1. I am soooooo going to miss you! But look forward to Fridays..... and maybe I'll get to share in a GROWN up lunch downtown with you once in awhile!

    Good luck tomorrow!! Happy transiting!
    AND WHEN are you going to fit in my crochet lessons NOW??????????????

    ReplyDelete