Friday, May 7, 2010

The day of the roaches

If someone told me that I would have a daughter that was going to want to do a report on cockroaches I would have never believed it. But today our Miss Taylor stood up in front of the class and talked about the wonderful world of COCKROACHES.

The assignment: a presentation with visuals about an insect. Most kids would come up with bee, ant, butterfly, etc. But not our Taylor!! We are all about the cockroaches in this house right now.

Never in a million years did I ever think that I would ever want or need to learn about cockroaches but I now possess more information on the creepy things than I care to admit. Like did you know that cockroaches can live for a week without their head?? I know, you are all so very jealous of my newfound knowledge! LOL.
But it was awesome to see her up there in front of her class so proudly sharing her info with all of her friends. She answered all of the questions from the audience with confidence and I noticed that she has somehow managed to master the gift of "fake it til you make it"! Even though she didn't know all of the answers to the questions she sure made it sound like she did. She definitely got this trait from her Dad. HA!

Another super duper proud Mommy moment kinda day!








1 comment:

  1. sorry I did not know about this sooner I could have mailed you a dozen or so of them. LOL real and not.

    ReplyDelete