Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The ultimate battle...WEIGHT LOSS...Blarf!

I got to thinking today that I have had this CONSTANT goal for it seems the past billion years to get in shape and lose weight! There has always been some kind of excuse like pregnancies, life's too busy, oh, another pregnancy, cancer, cancer surgery...blah blah blah!!!!! Bottom line: I can always find an excuse to NOT do something about it and can never seem to find an excuse TO do something about it. I have about a million REASONS why I would like to lose weight and get in shape but they always get pushed to the back burner.

I have to break free from all of the excuses and do something just for ME! I am a happier person when I am working out and eating well because I can be proud when I drop a pound or 2 or make it through a whole day not consuming a million calories. I am tired of looking at myself in the mirror and HATING what I see. All I see is the flaws with my entire being from the blemishes on my face and the flabby arms to the gross stomach and this in turn makes me HATE the attitude that flows from me.

One of my many issues is that I am a results kinda gal! If I am busting my butt and trying to change my exercise and eating habits then in my head I think that I should IMMEDIATELY see the results I am trying to achieve. We all know this is insane, but if I don't start seeing anything in a relatively short period of time I QUIT and call it a day!

It's too bad that our body doesn't just say "Oh, good for you, you just ate an apple, 0.25 lb off the scale NOW" or "Yay, you just walked for an entire hour at a pretty good pace so we'll take off 0.5 lb from your rather robust bottom" or "WHAT?? You made it the whole day eating well and you fit in your hour of exercise??? Well then, you get a whole POUND today"!! If only it worked that way eh?? THAT would be AWESOME!

But it doesn't so I should accept that and move on!!

Insert declaration of healthier life here...

I WILL NOT promise anyone that I will lose a certain amount of weight by a certain time because I am afraid of letting everyone down, including myself...but I will promise to try my best and make better decisions when it comes to food choices and making sure I do my walks every day at lunch.

I also joined a gym so I have a workout all set up there but that will have to wait until the girl's soccer is over to really hit that hard!

GAME ON...thanks for keeping me accountable everyone!

1 comment:

  1. good luck and you can do anything you put your mind to. Remember that. You are beautifully and wonderfully made

    ReplyDelete