Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 is here...and I have a 9 year old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 is now upon us and today is Taylor's 9th birthday! Amazing! I told Mike yesterday that part of me can't believe that Taylor is already 9 years old, but then another part of me can't believe that she's ONLY 9 years old. Does that make sense?? It's because it feels like she's always been a part of our lives and it's hard to believe that it's only been the past 9 years that she's been here.

Anyways, what an amazing day! We hit the mall, grabbed some snow gear for Dad then went sledding!!!! Now for those of you who know about my "near death" experience (ok, not really) when I was sledding when I was 13 and I have NOT gone since. But...today was the end of my sledding strike! I figured I should no longer deny my children of something that I had SOOOOOO much fun doing when I was little so away we went! We just hit the hill down the street from us but it was more than enough for the maiden voyage!

The giggles and screams of joy along with the incredible amount of laughter was so heart warming I couldn't help but feel like a complete idiot and borderline horrible mother for not taking my kids out sledding earlier. We had such an amazing time that I can't wait to do it all over again! I guess it just goes to show that we should never put our fears onto our children...they need to experience life for themselves and come to their own conclusions!

As all birthdays go in this house (because I am a birthday NUT) we always have a family get together on their ACTUAL birthday! It really is my FAVE combination...a houseful of people AND a birthday...doesn't get much better than that! The kids have so much fun together it's incredible (loud, but incredible). I am so very thankful that we all live so close together and they can see eachother often. I grew up seeing my cousins once a year (if we were lucky) so I think it's absolutely fantastic that the kids can grow up together!

All in all it was a great day and a wonderful start to another new year. I actually have a different feeling about this year, and it's a good feeling!

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment